Saturday, June 1, 2013

Growing Pains

This is getting to be a really bad habit. One I am breaking. Now.

From this day forward, Saturday is Blog Day. Every week, a blog post. About something. Anything. That is not to say I will only be blogging on Saturday. Merely that I will AT LEAST blog every Saturday. Also, I intend to change the focus of this blog. Up to this point, it has been woefully unfocused. I've basically been posting whatever is on my mind at the time. I am taking a cue from my best friend, LawGambit, and making "features" that my blog will . . . well . . . feature.

My Masterwork Adventures feature will be returning. I'm abandoning the vampire mansion I was working on. The group I was making it for is one I am no longer a part of. However, I shall start making new adventures with the purpose of publishing them here for other DMs to use. They probably won't be very fancy, but it'll give you some maps and NPCs to play with. I don't claim to be a professional. This is merely a creative outlet. But if it can benefit others, then why not.

On that note, I will be working more on fleshing out Toldara, as well. It is far past time my cousin and I finished that campaign world. I like a lot of the things it includes, and would really like to see a finished product at some point.

I will be doing more reviews. I like picking things apart and rambling about them, so I will. I'm not as good as LawGambit is at it, but it's still fun. His tends to be from the point of view of someone who has dabbled in the field of the thing he's reviewing. Mine will mostly be from the point of view of an average consumer. Well, maybe better than average, experience-wise and intelligence-wise, but still.

I also plan on doing some writing. Short stories and the like. I would like to do some comics with my fiancee, but I don't know if those will make it on the blog or not. I will also still be writing random musings from time to time, I think.

One thing I used to do a *LOT* of when I was younger was modding and level making for video games. I would like to get back into that, too. Games, and making content for them, is a lot more complicated than it was when I used to do it. Still, I would like to give it a go, and document my processes here. I think it would be a lot of fun to get back into that sort of thing.

My life has been in a constant state of flux and change for awhile, now. It has taken a toll on a lot of aspects of my life, but I fully plan on taking advantage of this. While it is in flux, malleable, I intend to mold it into what I want it to be. This is the opportunity I have been waiting for for years. This is the day I stop letting life happen, and take it back. This is June 1st, 2013. Mark it down. I have. May my success in life be measured by this blog. May it be an indication of what I have accomplished. In a year from now, let us see what I have done. If nothing, then I am a failure. But if I have kept up with this simple plan, then maybe I can actually succeed at life.

We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome news! I have actually been thinking along those lines for my blog for some time. I pretty much posted random - mostly gaming stuff - whenever the mood hit. I need to come up with a day or two scheduled every week and stick to it myself. I'll be checking in every week to see what comes from you. BTW, one of my readers had some interesting ideas about updating the Anshus for Toldara. I'll send the info your way soon.

    Charlie @ The Semi-Retired Gamer

    ReplyDelete