Friday, March 22, 2013

Hammer the Gap

Well, hello again. My life has been interesting since my last post. Hectic as well. Hence the no posting. Well, things have started to settle down a bit, and it's time to get back to posting. I do fully intend on finishing my adventure crafting series that I started last time, but I thought, to get back into the swing of things, to start a little simpler.

I mentioned in at least one of my earlier posts that I found myself a girlfriend. I could have sworn I mentioned her in more than just one, but she says I didn't. I would believe her on that one. Sadly, she would know better. Anyway, since then she has stopped being my girlfriend. No, we didn't break up. She agreed to marry me. June 21 is the date. The fact that she's crazy enough to say "yes" should send me running for the hills (as that takes a *lot* of crazy to want to marry me), but I'm actually pretty stoked. She's everything I've always needed. And she's a beautiful red-head with big boobs. So, she's everything I've ever wanted, too. Not sure what I did to deserve her, but, damn, must have been something really good. God was *very* happy with me. Oh, did I mention that? God himself brought us together. Yes, I know how that sounds, but, really, he did. . . . Okay, let me tell you the story.

So, I told you all already how I worked at Wal-Mart for awhile, and then quit to return to Vintage Stock. Well, my very first day back, my fiance's best friend comes into the store. She is our first customer of the day. She hears the voice of God telling her to set me up with her friend, my now fiance`. At first, I'm very reluctant. As far as I'm concerned, at this point, I'm set in life. I didn't need or want the complications of a girlfriend. So, I said I wasn't interested, but this woman seemed like interesting people, so I agreed to at least exchange contact info. Later that night, she tricked me into talking to the friend she had tried to set me up with that morning. I told the girl I wasn't interested, and we left it at that. The moment I stopped talking with her, I heard a voice in my head that wasn't my own say, "You made a mistake. Fix it." That voice played on repeat the entire rest of the night, and the entire day at work the next day. So, I went back on Facebook and messaged her, saying I had been too quick to express disinterest. She agreed to go out with me, and now here we are, engaged to be married! So, yes, God literally brought us together. He spoke directly to at least two people, me and my fiance's best friend, to make it happen. Either that, or we're both insane. I haven't ruled that out, yet, but either way, it's a win.

Also, I got me a house! My own house!!! I can't afford anything else on what they're paying me at VS, but hey! I don't give no fucks! I gots a house!!!!

Though, speaking of money, I have been searching for a way to get more of it. I love having a house, but I would like to be able to buy other things, too. Luckily, not only is my fiance` awesome, and her best friend awesome, but her best friend has connection with Langston University. Meaning I might be able to get a free ride to a new degree. Not making the same mistake I made last time, though. This time, I'll be getting a degree I actually want: Computer Information Science. IT work, here I come!!!!!

So, yeah, all in all, my life has been pretty amazing. However, all of this stuff has been happening really fast. As such, I haven't been able to do much else. Hopefully, though, I'll be able to get back on track now that things are calming down. Until next time!

1 comment: