Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Letteretize

So, I learned a  new word at work, today. Letteretize. It's like "alphabetize", except you only worry about the first letter. The rest of the letters don't matter. That is what we must do to overstock we send back to the warehouse; letteretize them.


I had to be at work at 7:00 this morning. That's after working the closing shift last night. And I am not a morning person. Not one bit. Yet, this is the second week in a row that I have been scheduled to work an extra early shift. I hope this doesn't become a trend. I might kill someone if this keeps up.

On the bright side, it doesn't seem to have negatively impacted my sense of humor. I was talking with a co-worker today about Skyrim, and she was telling me how she couldn't help but take all the random food items she could find. She said she had two barrels in her house; a food barrel and a non-food barrel. "In the non-food barrel, I put in Bear Claws and things," she said.

I replied, "Oh! For a minute there, I thought you were going to say you put in things like ale, mead, and whiskey."

"No, I avoid that stuff," she said.

"Aww. Shame, would have been funny," I replied, then changed into my best redneck accent, "Yeah, that thar's my food barrel. And that un over there? It's my *food* barrel. It's what I eat when I get thirsty! Goes down like a Flame Atronach . . . . Those hairs never did grow back."

Yeah. That's how my mind works. Especially while tired.

Oh, well. The weekend's over, and my three day block of work, work, work is done. The rest of the afternoon (it's just a little before 2:00 PM as of this writing), and the two whole days after it are mine. Gonna finish up that Dice Bag program, get some Toldara stuff worked on, and, of course, get in a bit of Skyrim. For now, though, it's time for a nap. I'm tired.

1 comment:

  1. "Yeah, that thar's my food barrel. And that un over there? It's my *food* barrel. It's what I eat when I get thirsty! Goes down like a Flame Atronach . . . . Those hairs never did grow back."

    That is awesome. And a prime example of why you're my best friend.

    ReplyDelete